Sly Skin is a semi stiff coated hooklink with a strong yet supply sinking Dyneema core.
The extra rigidity of the skin means that this hooklink material can be used to tie up some really effective rigs that can be made to kick the hookbait out away from the lead ensuring the rig reacts quicker when mouthed by a feeding carp. In simple terms if you’re using an effective hooking mechanism with a sharp hook this converts more pick ups into fish hooked…
Some lead arrangements – like a helicopter or lead clip – will allow the stiffer hooklink to settle better on uneven ground, or you can choose to use choose to use a marker float setup to identify the cleaner flatter spots in the swim that will allow you to get the benefit from stiffer hooklink materials like Sly Skin.
Gardner Sly Skin hooklinks feature:
- Fast sinking, ultra-supple Dyneema inner core braid means that stripped sections of the hooklink are supple and flexible. Whether you just want a soft section by the hook or you want to create a hinge point the soft core ensures that the rig will perform just how you want it to.
- Removable, semi-stiff, colour matched outer coating is extremely user friendly, easy to strip and knot, whilst retaining the necessary strength and stiffness to avoid tangles and tie technically advanced rigs.
- Colours available: Silt, Green and Black.
- For best results steam to straighten.
- Available on 20m spools in 15lb and 25lb (rated by knot strength).
All of the Gardner Skinned hooklink range have been radically overhauled – and the new style improved 15lb hook links now feature a thinner diameter without compromising strength or key attributes such as abrasion resistance or knotting and stripping.